When attempting to PXE boot, the following error appears:
PXE-E53: No boot filename received
PXE Boot fails.
No F8 option is recieved by clients.
Unable to PXE Boot machines.
Unable to network boot machines.
- No PXE representatives are deployed
- Deployed PXE Representative is turned off.
- PXE representative is not in same broadcast domain as target machine.
- Firewall on PXE representative is blocking requests from target machine.
- PXE services are not running.
- Windows Deployment Services (WDS) are installed on the PXE representative.
Possible steps for resolution:
- Ensure that a PXE rep is on and is deployed in the same broadcast domain as the target machine.
- Ensure that no firewall is blocking requested packets from PXE booted machines.
- Ensure PXE services are running. The two services are "LANDesk(R)PXE Service" and "LANDesk(R) PXE MTFTP Service". If they are running, restart the services.
- Redeploy the PXE Representative.
- If PXE services repeatedly stop on PXE representatives, download and install the latest service pack on the core, then remove and redeploy PXE representatives.
- Disable the Windows Deployment Services (WDS) on the PXE representative.
Note: The PXE Representative may need to be rebooted if the services are running, the firewall is off, but it still does not respond.
For more information on PXE boot errors please see:
For more information on troubleshooting PXE boot please see: