Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Frequently Asked Questions for MI (Management Information)

VERSION 2  Click to view document history
Created on: Dec 13, 2011 8:29 AM by CCrossfield - Last Modified:  Jan 20, 2012 11:36 AM by KarenPeacock

Environment : Service Desk 7.5. + Management Information

Q - Where is my MI metric data stored in the database?

The tables mi_metric holds the details on the metrics that you have created.  The table mi_service_metric_data holds the data collected by the MI engine.

Q - I have created metrics and the MI engine / service has started without error - why has it not collected any metric data?

The MI engine runs every night at midnight (00.00).  If this time has passed and no metrics have been collected, check that you have a date criteria on the filters associated with your MI metrics.  As discussed in the Management Information guide, all filters used with metrics have to have a date criteria on them or MI will not collect them.  If a date criteria doesn't seem relevant for your filter you could add created date > 01/01/1900 for example.

Q - When creating a trend chart gadget I do not get the option to set a value under Green Line and Red Line - why?

This is only available when just the one metric is on your trend gadget.  This is because your two metrics will not be normalised and so therefore the Red and Green line targets may not apply to both targets.  Having multiple Green and Red line targets on the one chart would be confusing.

Q - When creating services or metrics I see a "form does not exist" message

Please see this article.

Comments (0)
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software