I seem to be having an issue where device folders under public devices are full then a day or two later they go missing and no one seems to be moving them. Any Ideas. Could the db maintenance on the sql server be doing this? LD8.7 sp4 win32 console
I have seen issues simlar to this when the database service pack is not up to date. If you are using SQL 2000, it needs to be SP4. If you are using SQL 2005, it has to be at least SP1.
What are you using?
it looks to be sql 2000 no sp. i'm upgrading to 4 to see what happens
I bet that will take care of it for you. It just sounds like other issues I have seen when the Service Pack wasn't up to date.
i will post in a few days and let you know the progress. Also i spoke to one our sql guys that is out, he mentioned something about the way it is backing up may be affecting it as well.
SP4 is installed, and this issue is still happening. Had our sql take a look at the backups and the landesk database is the only one being backed up which shouldn't cause an issue. Any suggestions, could there be any jobs from the landesk server kicking off something that would cause that?
I'm wondering if the computers were deleted by database maintenance. Note the ID for several of these disappearing computers. Tomorrow after they're gone again check out the ID's for the same computers to see if they've changed. If they have then it is probably because of the maintenance or something else deleting them from the db.
This was fixed by restarting IIS thru command prompt, LD support walked me thru the correct command and i forgot to write them down to post sorry.
Most likely it was just 'iisreset' run in a command prompt.
That fixed it not appearing in the console? That's interesting... Thanx for the follow up!
Things did not go missing today but i noticed that the maintenance had not ran last night will post again tomorrow if it does run and the finding
Which maintenance didn't run? The LANDesk DB Maintenance?
That gets kicked off by Scheduler - has nothing to do with IIS (and it never talks to IIS) ... so that's quite separate issues / causes to look at.
Is your Scheduler running?
LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead
Dont you mean the inventory service
the maintenance ran, the test group of computers that i put in the folder are missing and came up with different id's. Whats the next step?
This means that you have a new row for this computer in the database. Either a user or database maintenance deleted the record. The computer scanned back in after this happened so you still show a record but this one you are viewing is a new one. Because this is a new record, it hasn't been added to your groups yet.
I would check the settings for your inventory service. on the core server if you run the Configure Services program from the start menu you can go to the inventory tab. Next click the Devices button. For now uncheck everything in this window and lets see if it's these settings deleting the computers from the database. So with it disabled lets see if the ID's change after the next time that the server runs maintenance.