Skip navigation
3624 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 7, 2009 1:28 AM by mitchella RSS
mitchella Apprentice 152 posts since
May 7, 2009

Has received 2 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 4, 2009 5:54 AM

MDM Upgrade Fails with Database Structure Error

I am running the MDM against our development server at the moment and have corrected a couple of minor issues, but this one is proving more difficult. Whenever the MDM runs it gets to the last section and then returns the error message below:

The database structures for 'EndUser' with primary key '889c4b0f-4c3b-4e91-869f-006fb267468c' are incomplete. There is a missing record in the 'tps_end_user' table. Please restore a valid database backup.. Please check the metadata manager log file for further details (time elapsed: 238 seconds)

Any assistance that could be offered with this would be gratefully received?

Many Thanks,

Anthony Mitchell

The AA

• aparker Employee 593 posts since
    Feb 18, 2009

Has received 6 of 9 achievements.
    1. Sep 4, 2009 6:16 AM (in response to mitchella)
    Re: MDM Upgrade Fails with Database Structure Error

Hi Anthony,

My first reaction is that you have some corruption or deleted record in the tps_end_user table. Users are stored in two places. There is the main record which is stored in the tps_users table and then a sub record that is located in the tps_end_user or tps_analyst etc tables. I suggest you check to see if there are any records that are shown as being End Users in the tps_users table that don't appear in the tps_end_user table.

Andy

• aparker Employee 593 posts since
    Feb 18, 2009

Has received 6 of 9 achievements.
    3. Sep 4, 2009 9:29 AM (in response to mitchella)

If you look at the tps_end_user table, you'll probably find that it just has the one column containing the GUID of the record in the tps_users table. If that is the case, then you just need to have the missing one added to the table.

Andy

• dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup 2,252 posts since
    Dec 16, 2007

Has received 7 of 9 achievements.
    4. Sep 4, 2009 12:30 PM (in response to mitchella)

This is sometimes caused by using support scripts that move an analyst to an end user and visa versa.  There are also scripts available from support which can fix this up once and for all.  I'd recommend asking for a copy from your local support team as a first step.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software