Skip navigation
6569 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2009 1:04 PM by Jared Barneck RSS
Rookie 3 posts since
Sep 24, 2009

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 6, 2009 12:52 PM

LANDesk with OPEN SUSE

Did anyone get the vulnerablity scanner to work in OPEN SuSE 10?  What I did to get things to work so far:

1)Tried to push agent from server, successful as unknown distro but ldi scan gave segmentation fault

2)chagned /etc/issue & /etc/suse-release to reflect enterprise version & pushed software again

3)IPMI directory was missing and ldiscan was complaining about that so I copied it from another server

4)manualy installed cba8suse-8.8-0.34.i386.rpm

5)ldiscan now works and you can see the inventory report from the console

6)run vulscan and it complains about libcrypto.so.4 & libssl.so.4 missing so I created links to libcrypto.0.9.7 and libssl.0.9.7 and ran ldscan.  At this point the vulnerability scanner does not return any output (good or bad) and does not return any data to the server.

• Jared Barneck SupportEmployee 1,189 posts since
    Nov 19, 2007

Has received 5 of 9 achievements.
    1. Nov 6, 2009 5:38 PM (in response to rtaxer)
    Re: LANDesk with OPEN SUSE

For the /etc/issue you need this patch.  Currently for Suse we look at /etc/issue first, but we shouldn't.  This patch fixes that.

http://community.landesk.com/downloads/patch/NIX-2508688.3.exe

Install the patch to the Core Server and then you probably want to uninstall your rpms and reinstall them.

This patch is also the latest build for the linux agents.

You may still have the same openssl library problem.  Does SLES 10 SP2 have the same issue with the openssl library?  Maybe not. Since OpenSUSE is not supported you can't submit a bug, but if the same issue occurred on SLES 10 SP2, you could submit it. However, maybe SLES just patches the vulnerabilities in openssl instead of updating to the latest version...

• Jared Barneck SupportEmployee 1,189 posts since
    Nov 19, 2007

Has received 5 of 9 achievements.
    3. Nov 11, 2009 1:04 PM (in response to rtaxer)
    Re: LANDesk with OPEN SUSE

For inventory, check your /etc/ldiscnux.conf file?  Is the Core Server name there?

For vulscan I didn't think we had patches for OpenSUSE, but there is a /etc/vuslcan.conf as well.  Needs the Core server name and the platform id.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software