5745 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 24, 2010 9:47 AM by rolandofgilead RSS
Apprentice 45 posts since
Feb 13, 2008

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

May 28, 2009 12:01 PM

Some spyware slipping through

Hello all,

I'm having a problem that is starting to be more and more frequent; namely a lot of my users are getting infected with the Antivirus 2009 or Spyware 2009 families of spyware.  I have checked that the spyware definitions for these are set to autofix, real-time spyware is enabled on my clients.  I'm running 8.8 sp2.  I haven't had a problem with spyware since we started using LANDesk 8.6 a few years ago; but lately more calls are coming in.  I'm just not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what.

Even if I run a Security scan manually once the infection is present it doesn't get rid of it or report that it's even there.  I have to use a free scanner like Spybot or malwarebytes to ultimately get rid of it.  Seems to me an entereprise level software should get rid of anything a free program can.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

• Jason SupportEmployee 394 posts since
    Dec 16, 2007

Has received 7 of 9 achievements.
    1. May 28, 2009 1:37 PM (in response to rolandofgilead)
    Re: Some spyware slipping through

Do you have the updated spyware engine applied to both the core and clients?

http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-4337

• JonKeo Apprentice 81 posts since
    May 19, 2009

3. Mar 24, 2010 9:25 AM (in response to rolandofgilead)

John,

My company is experiencing the same thing, where the phony antivirus malware is infecting workstations.  Did you have any luck with this post? We're running 8.8 Sp3 with the latest updates for malware.

• JonKeo Apprentice 81 posts since
    May 19, 2009

5. Mar 24, 2010 9:37 AM (in response to rolandofgilead)

Thanks John, we've tried some of the same things you listed and we get a few calls here and there and are just accepting that not every malware scanner will protect against everything and have needed to download other malware applications to try and clean them.

• Joshni SupportEmployee 76 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008

Has received 5 of 9 achievements.
    7. Mar 24, 2010 9:41 AM (in response to JonKeo)

If there is some content that we are not detecting then we need to let our content team know so we can get it resolved.

Please follow the steps in this article to upload the infected file to us.

http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-2894

Once our conent team looks at it, they will resolve it and post new spyware definitions.

Josh

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software