Skip navigation
6553 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2010 8:48 AM by bio RSS
bio Rookie 14 posts since
Mar 25, 2010

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 25, 2010 1:36 AM

Intel NIC Driver issue

We ran into a little issue with a intel network card driver. HII correctly copies the right NIC driver to c:\drivers.

Then the minisetup is running but we do not get the join domain action. After a reboot we know why : we get new hardware found.

Now if we click next next finish the right driver gets installed and the nic is working fine.

Is there a trick to get this installed without user intervention ?

We can see that the driver is not digitally signed but in sysprep.inf there is an entry driversigningpolicy=ignore

any idea on thias one ?

THX in advance,

bio..

• EMiranda Expert 681 posts since
    Aug 26, 2009

Has received 7 of 9 achievements.
    1. Mar 25, 2010 7:46 AM (in response to bio)
    Re: Intel NIC Driver issue

i get this issue when i suck up drivers with a utility like Driver Magician or WinDriver Ghost.  Sometimes it just doesn't grab all the files that pnp wants to look for.  In these cases, i usally just go out to the manufacturers website and download the latest package of drivers for that hardware and extract the folder of drivers and work with those.

• Rookie 3 posts since
    Sep 8, 2009

2. Mar 26, 2010 8:05 AM (in response to bio)

I'm having a similar problem with Intel NIC drivers. In my case mini-setup does detect the card but is looking in the wrong place for e1e5132.sys and cannot find it. I have tried various versions of the drivers and I have had them in the same file structure as they came in or in one flattened directory but nothing seems to help.

Bio - in your case does mini-setup install the other drivers correctly?

• Rookie 3 posts since
    Sep 8, 2009

4. Mar 26, 2010 8:46 AM (in response to bio)

thanks

What directory structure did you use for the Intel drivers under the drivers directory so that mini-setup actually found the required files?

I'm using Intel's drivers version 15.1 (although I have tried others) extracted using winrar. I always get "Files Needed The file 'e1e5132.sys on Intel(R) PRO 1000 Driver Disk is needed". This file does get copied to a subfolder of the drivers directory but for some reason mini-setup is looking elsewhere.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software