Skip navigation
5289 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 21, 2011 2:08 PM by lchastain RSS
jabramson Apprentice 138 posts since
Dec 7, 2009

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 15, 2010 2:14 PM

File transfer error

I am using 8.8 SP3. When I attempt to do file transfer via remote control, on some devices I get the following error:

"This file does not have a program associated with it for performing thios action....Create an association in the Default Programs control panel"
At this point I am assuming this is related to using Windows 7. Can anyone offer some insight on this?
Thank you,
-Jonathan
  • Mach6 Employee 637 posts since
    May 23, 2008

Has received 6 of 9 achievements.
    1. Apr 15, 2010 3:01 PM (in response to jabramson)
    Re: File transfer error

Yes, the problem is related to Windows 7.  Windows 7 is incompatible with LDMS 8.8 for both the client and the console/remote control software.  In 9.0 you should be able to have a Windows 7 client and in 9.0 SP1 you should be able to also install the console to Windows 7.

• Mach6 Employee 637 posts since
    May 23, 2008

Has received 6 of 9 achievements.
    3. Apr 15, 2010 3:19 PM (in response to jabramson)

That is definitely my guess.  Some users on the community have reported various levels of success with Windows 7, but the reality is that it is untested and there are things that we know had to be changed for 9.0, so it seems it should be incompatible.

Oh yeah, I just remembered that Windows 7 client support will also be out in 8.8 SP4.  I'm not sure about console support.

• lchastain Apprentice 16 posts since
    Aug 6, 2010

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
    4. Sep 21, 2011 2:08 PM (in response to Mach6)

We are on 9.0 SP2.  Just tried a file transfer in a remote session last night -- Win7 to Win7.  Got this error.  Is Windows 7 still the problem?  Has a work around been discovered?  Thanks!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software