Skip navigation
3900 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 9, 2010 2:20 AM by mrpie RSS
Rookie 1 posts since
May 4, 2010

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

May 4, 2010 12:40 PM

Inventory does not find the correct WinXP service pack

I am trying to patch all my machines to service pack 3.  I know some of these have SP3 as confirmed by manually looking at the client machine but the invnetory shows it as SP2.  Eventually, some of these find the right value but there is no rhyme or reason.  Is there any way I can get my inventory scans to report back the correct value?

• Rookie 23 posts since
    Apr 16, 2010

Hi hedrews,

Did you find a solution to this problem? I am running LDMS 9 sp1 and have the same issue. Some service packs are detected fine but others just won't report the correct value.

Thanks

Gavin

• Bradley_M Apprentice 48 posts since
    Apr 29, 2010

I have the same problem and can't figure out why.  To get around it I have been looking at my machines from the Patch Manager perspective and it has been a lot more accurate.  I will usually set up a column set and target the Security and Patch Definition.Reason component then I will go and qualify it for the Vulnerability ID "WXP-SP3"  The attached column set.jpg shows how I set it up.  Then it will show the machines and have a column that either says "The version of Windows XP is less than the version specified" or it will show "Windows XP SP3 has been installed."  The attached machines.jpg shows this.

You can also target these machines by doing this type of stuff and using queries.  Both seem to work better for me than trying to target the OS->NT Info->Service Pack component.

Attachments:
  • Rookie 23 posts since
    Apr 16, 2010

Thanks very much for that. It will be very useful.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software