4687 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 19, 2012 1:11 PM by tdavenport RSS
Rookie 7 posts since
Feb 11, 2010

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

May 18, 2010 1:03 PM

provisioning - map drive fails

Hello All,

I am working on provisioning and it failed my first time around. So I have decided to take it step by step to see what has gone wrong.

I can get it to wipe and format a drive and assigned it as “C” drive, however I cannot map a drive from the server to the C drive.

The following shows on the window called LANDesk Provisioning Agent:

Connect to core: (server name)
Loading Template
action index=573
FAILED

Error:[800001803H]The action failed.

Execute result:

Return:1326

Output:

Any clue?

Thanks!

• Apprentice 250 posts since
    Sep 4, 2008

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
    1. May 27, 2010 8:14 AM (in response to Lee Dehmer)
    Re: provisioning - map drive fails

Is the path to the folder in there properly?

\\%Share%\%Folder

Are you using credentials that have access to that share?

• jvhooijdonk Apprentice 79 posts since
    Dec 17, 2007

Has received 2 of 9 achievements.
    3. Dec 23, 2011 2:47 AM (in response to Lee Dehmer)

Did you ever fix this issue, all of a sudden I'm running into the same problem. The strange thing is when I remove the source mapping to the ldlogon share the mapping runs fine.

Jan

• jwyckoff Employee 11 posts since
    Feb 22, 2008

Has received 2 of 9 achievements.
    4. Dec 23, 2011 6:23 PM (in response to jvhooijdonk)

Unsure what is going on in your script.  Take a look at some samples that I wrote a while ago

http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-2912

http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-2913

They are from 8.8 timeframe.  For some newer samples, look at what Joe Nunes created

http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-9459

Sometimes, starting fresh helps

Johnn W

• Mach6 Employee 637 posts since
    May 23, 2008

Has received 6 of 9 achievements.
    5. Dec 28, 2011 9:54 AM (in response to Lee Dehmer)

Hi,

The first thing you'll probably want to try for troubleshooting this is to track down the error code listed.  To do that find the Return value listed (in this case 1326).  Then you can either google System Error Codes (which I always do) or just bookmark this link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms681381(v=vs.85).aspx

From there you can drill down to your return code of 1326 and see what the system returned.  In this case it's Bad username or password.

You'll probably want to double check your username and password in the action (or their variables, if that's how it's being done).  This result comes straight from the OS and is not tweaked by us, so for most actions you can just use the list above.

On some actions, such as LANDesk actions (scan system, distribute software, install agent, etc.) or some non-system actions (execute file, for example) the exit code may not be a Windows system exit code, so this method won't always work in that situation.  What I'll usually do is look up the error code first and see if it seems at all relevant to the problem at hand.  In this case mapping a drive is definitely a system call, and bad username or password seems very relevant.

Hope this helps not only with this problem, but troubleshooting provisioning action results in general.

Let me know if you have any questions about this process.

Thanks!

• tdavenport Apprentice 128 posts since
    Dec 17, 2007

Has received 3 of 9 achievements.
    6. Jan 19, 2012 1:11 PM (in response to Mach6)

I have the exact same problem. The problem with looking for a return code is that Provisioning shows it as being successful. It even shows a mapped drive. However, you cannot access it. The drive show as inaccessible and gives the error: Login Failure: unknown user or bad password. You cannot delete the drive either. Only a reboot will clear the bad mapped drive. It is not a credentials issue per se. I am providing the correct user name and password. I'm thinking it has something to do with the provisioning task running as local system and my map drive command providing credentials.

Win 7 64bit

This could be related as well. Mapping a drive before the OS is finalized, is not a problem. In my case, the OS is already fully provisioned. this is a System Configuration action.

Any ideas?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software