1838 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2010 8:51 AM by DavidBarrett RSS
DavidBarrett Rookie 2 posts since
Jun 9, 2010

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 7, 2010 8:51 AM

How to prevent calls being resolved by the wrong Group

Hi, I am new to this!!

(by the way we are using Helpdesk (Touchpaper) v7.0.

How do I explain this......a call is opened, say by the Support Group "Helpdesk" and, ideally, assuming it doesn't get reassigned elsewhere I also want it to be resolved by "Helpdesk".

However, what is happening is that members of the Help desk team are members of a number of Support Groups.  So, when they resolve a call assigned to Helpdesk, they are able to resolve it under any of the groups they are in. So, if they happen to be "logged in" as "2ndLineSupport" and they resolve a call assigned to "Helpdesk", the system lets them do so but the management reporting then says it was resolved by "2ndLineSupport" even though was never assigned anywhere other than "Helpdesk".

Does that make sense? What I want to do is to disallow this happening somehow - if a call is assigned as "Helpdesk" I only want to be able to be resolved by "Helpdesk".

NB : the above is my interpretation of what seems to be happening from the reports I'm running.

Dave.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software