2849 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 15, 2010 11:17 AM by csimpson@kumc.edu RSS
tonyhh Rookie 38 posts since
Apr 16, 2009

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 15, 2010 8:59 AM

How to set query criteria from a test field

Hi All

Is it possible to use the results from a text field (multi line), to be used as the criteria to return a query result?

Basically, I have a query tab at the bottom of the change management window that shows all the services we provide (will be in excess of 40). I want to filter this query on the tab to only show the services that will be affected by the change request (the resulting query must show the service manager, e-mail, 3rd part support details......).   Is this possible? I have tried adding a "List" box and then copying the data to a text field but this only allows you to view 1 field?

See attched file for view of the window.

Any help much appreciated be it a different approach.

Thanks

Tony

Attachments:
  • csimpson@kumc.edu Expert 616 posts since
    Jan 6, 2010

Has received 4 of 9 achievements.
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jul 15, 2010 11:17 AM (in response to tonyhh)
    Re: How to set query criteria from a test field

We added the services to a reference list and then added the services to CI items.  I add 1 or more CI items to my change and all of the services can be shown in a report or a query.  I guess check boxes on a form or adding services to a change also work.  Putting each service in the text area just seems very efficient and prone to mistakes, mis-spellings, or different terminology.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software