6137 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: Dec 15, 2010 8:20 AM by rmoffitt RSS
Rookie 8 posts since
Dec 17, 2007

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 26, 2010 4:30 AM

Software Distribution using Intel Vpro

Hi Everyone,

I read a couple of entries for VPro & Landesk but I am stuck of figuring out why Landesk is not mass waking up the devices during the scheduled tasks. Here in my organization, we are using Landesk v 8.8 on SP3. Our clients were provisioned using Simple Business because these are desktops & currently we don't have certificates for an Enterprise mode provisioning.

Here's the present scenario

- I have an office 2007 software distribution and I would like to do this off hours. I did check the 'Wake up devices' but it only turns on 1 / 100 devices per roll-out

- I was expecting that Vpro will mass turn on all devices and then install my MS office 2007

- What happened was when i clicked start now and 100 devices were dragged into the scheduled task, only 1 device was turned on by VPRO and the rest turned out to have an "OFF" status with message - Cannot find agent.

- I tried, minimizing the number of targets to 3 in order to isolate and the results were not consistent. sometimes only 1 device is turned on out of 3. sometimes when i use another set of 3 devices vpro turns them all on.

- I confirmed all devices were correctly provisioned and i can access them using the native http://<ip address>:16992 console & with the username & password.

Is there anyone out there experiencing the same problem as i have?

Thanks so much in advance for your answers.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software