2551 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2011 2:12 AM by lianne.redding RSS
lianne.redding Apprentice 59 posts since
Jan 11, 2010

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 15, 2011 4:15 AM

Rename CI Type - Issues on Incident

Hi

I want to rename a few of the CI types we have set up e.g. we currently have PC and we want this to appear as Desktop PC

I changed the title attribute of the PC and PC version objects to be Desktop PC and Desktop PC Version respectively.  All still works fine in the CI Management area of Service Desk

However when I go to the incident window and drop down the CI Type list, the renamed types no longer appear.  If I change them back to the orignal names then they appear again.

I ran SQL profiler on what gets executed to populate the drop down CI Type attribute on the incident window (results below).  Does anyone know where it's picking up the old names from - do i need to change the type names somewhere else??

First executes:

exec sp_executesql N'SELECT COUNT(*) FROM md_class_type T1 WHERE T1.md_title IN (@0, @1, @2, @3)',N'@0 nvarchar(2),@1 nvarchar(10),@2 nvarchar(6),@3 nvarchar(6)',@0=N'PC',@1=N'Blackberry',@2=N'Laptop',@3=N'Server'

Then executes:

exec sp_executesql N'SELECT TOP 15 T1.md_title,T1.md_guid FROM md_class_type T1 WHERE (T1.md_title IN (@0, @1, @2, @3)) ORDER BY T1.md_title,T1.md_guid',N'@0 nvarchar(2),@1 nvarchar(10),@2 nvarchar(6),@3 nvarchar(6)',@0=N'PC',@1=N'Blackberry',@2=N'Laptop',@3=N'Server'

Many thanks,

Lianne.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software