Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 11427 Views 15 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2011 7:23 PM by MattGrech RSS
Rookie 30 posts since
Jul 29, 2009

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 10, 2010 8:09 PM

Sp2 for 9.0 TVT

When will Sp2 for TVT be released?

• Employee 213 posts since
    Dec 12, 2007

Has received 6 of 9 achievements.
    1. Nov 11, 2010 3:36 AM (in response to rascallking)
    Re: Sp2 for 9.0 TVT

Hello,

should be available at the end of November, mid Dcember.

These dates are an indication only..

Regards,

StockTrader

• vojtab Apprentice 65 posts since
    Apr 5, 2008

2. Nov 12, 2010 5:11 PM (in response to Stocktrader)

I'm hearing within next 45 days, hopefully November and not beyond the 45

• Rookie 8 posts since
    Aug 20, 2010

3. Dec 10, 2010 8:23 AM (in response to rascallking)

Look's as tough they have released SP for TVT.  You need to download and install the "Management Suite / Security Suite 9.0 with TVT SP2 SlipStream" package on top of the original 9.0 installation from what I have read.

Has anyone tried this; the package I downloaded appears to be corrupt when I extract the files.  Anyone having the same issues?

Thanks.

• cdrouillard Apprentice 12 posts since
    Jun 9, 2010

4. Dec 10, 2010 9:46 AM (in response to bbricker)

I am seeing the same issue as well with the download.  "Does not appear to be a valid archive"

• Rookie 5 posts since
    Jul 29, 2010

5. Dec 11, 2010 1:34 PM (in response to cdrouillard)

I am having the same issue.  I made sure the reccomended *.landesk.com is in my trusted sites too.  Tried at least 10 times in various ways to download.  It says the zip folder is empty when I try to extract files.

• phoffmann SupportEmployee 2,644 posts since
    Dec 11, 2007

Has received 7 of 9 achievements.
    6. Dec 13, 2010 3:19 AM (in response to vanhanz)

Strange -- I'll try again, and see if we can get it to work (we knew we had problems with that file, but it's generally the opinion that it's fixed now).

(the download will take a while). I'll bring this to the attention of the folks in the US (who are a bit "more local" to the files there) to look into it if need be .

- Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead

• Rookie 8 posts since
    Aug 20, 2010

7. Dec 13, 2010 7:57 AM (in response to phoffmann)

Just spent another hour downloading the package this morning.  The following message appears when attempting to extract the file:

"! - \LDMSTVT-9.0.2(2).zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged"

• beau Employee 78 posts since
    Nov 12, 2007

Has received 4 of 9 achievements.
    8. Dec 13, 2010 9:48 AM (in response to bbricker)

Hi all,

We've just replaced the zip with a self-extracting EXE.  This should defeat any streams issues and I've been able to open this file without a problem.

I'm sorry about the bandwidth / time spent downloading the bad ZIP file.

The link is in the self-service portal in the product downloads tab.

• adenewton Apprentice 77 posts since
    Jul 14, 2009

9. Jan 19, 2011 3:53 AM (in response to rascallking)

Ok, I now have a problem here.

As we installed SP1 for LD9 in our TVT install (I don't remember seeing any documentation saying this shouldn't be done, but I could be wrong)

Support have told me I need to uninstall the core, and reinstall it, or roll back to pre SP1 and then install it over the top.

The latter option is out of the question as we have completed many new queries and created software distros since.

If I completly uninstall the core, and reinstall it, what do I need to consider?

Will I have to create a new database and import the old data into it again during the install process or can I point it to the existing one? Will all my changes I have made in terms of agents, queries and software distros remain in tact?

Is it really not possible to do an SP2 install over the top of SP1? Reinstalling obviously creates me a lot of work, which I would prefer to avoid.

What problems am I likely to encounter if I use the SP2 patch that isn't TVT?

Could I theoritcally then reinstall the slipstreamed SP2 TVT version over the top of the non TVT patched one.

Anyone else in the same boat?

• Rookie 16 posts since
    May 13, 2010

10. Feb 10, 2011 7:11 PM (in response to adenewton)

Hi

Yes in the same boat here. i have also been advised to roll back, but I cant seem to find this option through the patch manager, through the sp1 setup exe or through add remove programs.

i hope its something simple that im not seeing as reinstalling the core is the last thing i want to do.

Cheers

Matt

Jul 14, 2009

11. Feb 16, 2011 4:22 AM (in response to MattGrech)

Matt,

I've had confirmation from our business support development manager it cannot be installed over the top of an SP1 install.

Why oh why there was nothing in the readme for SP1 to say to not install on a TVT base I do not know, and secondly to make the TVT SP2 install this way when there was no prior documentation that SP1 should never have been installed on a TVT system is beyond me.

I'm really quite dissapointed in this, infact our whole faith in the Landesk product has somewhat gone down ever since version 9 came into play. The new reports system is horrible and it also lost all of our license inventory information (that's another story) and now this.

I am awaiting further info from a techie to confirm any changes we've done since the SP1 install, such as queries and software deployment will not be lost.

Appreciate this doesn't help you in any way, but at least you can share your frustrations.

• Rookie 16 posts since
    May 13, 2010

12. Feb 16, 2011 4:51 AM (in response to adenewton)

granted its not a great situation...but never fear, there is always a solution

I have been working closely with the apac support (after hours) and i am literrally working on a solution to this right now.

i am testing this out and from my tests soo far, it seems very promising and im really really close to getting this sorted.

I have my rough notes of the exact steps i have taken which i will post as soon as i can verify these steps are not going to cause you more heartache.

Im also verifying that the automated patch process (service management console works too...so if this also is of interest to you ill post those steps seperatly if and when i can get that working.

Please dont call support about this yet as they will have nothing new to report.  I just ask for your patience just for a few days and im confident i will have good news. (Im also in the process of a house move)

Cheers

Matt

Jul 14, 2009

13. Feb 21, 2011 3:35 AM (in response to MattGrech)

Excellent Matt,

Look forward to your update when your ready.

Jul 14, 2009

14. Mar 16, 2011 3:58 AM (in response to MattGrech)

Matt,

Sorry to be a pain, have you made any progress, as obviously I have the April 15 deadline to get up to SP2 in regards to the AV defs, as outlined here: http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-22321

With under a month to the deadline, I really need to start getting this planned in with my manager on how we're going to go about it. As of the moment, I'm planning for an uninstall and re-install of the core, to hopefully start work on next week so I have plenty of time to deal with any other issues that may arise.

Apologies to pester.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software