Skip navigation
12351 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2012 3:09 PM by Novar RSS
firstmidwestbank Rookie 24 posts since
Dec 17, 2007

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 15, 2010 1:43 PM

LANDesk Console install version 9

Does anyone know if the console for version 9 has a command line install like version 8.8?  If so please pass it along.

Thanks

Mark

• Jed SupportEmployee 213 posts since
    Dec 5, 2007

Has received 6 of 9 achievements.
    1. Apr 5, 2010 2:01 PM (in response to firstmidwestbank)
    Re: LANDesk Console install version 9

The new console parameters are: setup.exe [SC=][ST=]/silent[SC=LANDeskSoftware][ST=MSI]/q CORESERVER=mycore SILENT_INSTALL=1 LDINSTALLTYPE=2 LDLANG=ENU CONSOLE_ONLY=1

--Jed

• jmichno Apprentice 204 posts since
    Jan 11, 2008

4. Sep 27, 2010 1:20 PM (in response to firstmidwestbank)

This is gresat...  Now if we can get LANDesk to publish their SP updates in the MSP format, it will be very easy to install the remote control console.

• Employee 18 posts since
    Sep 17, 2009

5. Oct 14, 2010 10:08 AM (in response to firstmidwestbank)

DO NOT CALL THE MSI DIRECTLY.  You should use the call to setup.exe (posted by ponderosa) instead of calling the msi directly or you will miss 3 additional actions that are chained into the install (UDD won't work properly without the winpcap install).  The CORESERVER=mycore parameter is optional; If used, when the end user launches the console, it will default to the specified server (change mycoreto be your core server name).  Valid language examples for the LDLANG parameter: CHS CHT DEU ENU ESP FRA JPN KOR PTB RUS.  LDLANG is also optional and will default to English if not provided.

This deployment job should be set up as a "New executable package."  The parameters for setup should be entered under "Enter command line or select options above and edit command line for MSI package."

Since the source is so large (same package is used to install the core), you should use a distribution package with the setting "Use run from source to deploy files."  This way the install will pull only the needed files.

If you're not using patch manager and/or want to update the SP when installing, the console's SP can also be installed silently by calling the patch's setup.exe with the parameter '/s' for silent.

• Jared Barneck SupportEmployee 1,188 posts since
    Nov 19, 2007

Has received 5 of 9 achievements.
    6. Oct 15, 2010 8:19 AM (in response to jmichno)

I an having the PSE update this article to be correct for LDMS 9 and to say to use the Setup.exe not the MSI.  Please do not use only the MSI. The article should be updated shortly:

How to silently deploy a Remote Console in LANDesk Management Suite 9.0

• Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 14, 2010

7. Mar 9, 2011 9:33 PM (in response to glarson)

Do you need to duplicate the  "[SC=][ST=]/silent" parameters? or can i just use the following for a non-silent install?

setup.exe [SC=LANDeskSoftware][ST=MSI]/q CORESERVER=YOUR_CORE_SERVER CONSOLE_ONLY=1 LDINSTALLTYPE=2 LDLANG=ENU

Or will i need the parameter SILENT_INSTALL=0

Sep 17, 2009

9. Jul 1, 2011 2:10 PM (in response to apinder)

The console silent parameters are: setup.exe [SC=][ST=]/silent[SC=LANDeskSoftware][ST=MSI]/q CORESERVER=mycore SILENT_INSTALL=1 LDINSTALLTYPE=2 LDLANG=ENU CONSOLE_ONLY=1.  If you don't use '[SC=][ST=]/silent' the install will still work but the setup UI will pop-up and display the progress and results.  If you want the msi to show progress you can change the /q to /passive.  Keep SILENT_INSTALL=1 as it is.  CORESERVER=mycore is optional but will not default display the core name when console is launched for the first time. LDLANG=ENU is optional when English is the preferred language.

So in other words, if you are attempting to just install passively where the end user sees the results, you can use: setup.exe [SC=LANDeskSoftware][ST=MSI]/passive CORESERVER=mycoreSILENT_INSTALL=1 LDINSTALLTYPE=2 LDLANG=ENU CONSOLE_ONLY=1

If you're trying to do something else please reply with your intentions and maybe I can help you or add get it on the list for enhancements.  Just don't call the msi directly or you will be missing 3 other items (nmap, docs, and another command I can't remember off the top of my head).

• Spankyjimbob Rookie 20 posts since
    Jun 20, 2011

10. Jul 1, 2011 5:48 AM (in response to glarson)

OK now the million dollar question, how can you install this on a Windows 2003 Terminal Server.

You have to launch the setup through add/ remove programs on a Terminal Server.

I have tried running the  setup.exe [SC=][ST=]/silent[SC=LANDeskSoftware][ST=MSI]/q CORESERVER=mycoreSILENT_INSTALL=1 LDINSTALLTYPE=2 LDLANG=ENU CONSOLE_ONLY=1 through a batch script.

However it won't install i get the windows installer help popup reminding me of the correct msi switches to use. It's as if the msi is not getting the correct switches parsed to it

Sep 17, 2009

11. Jul 1, 2011 2:10 PM (in response to Spankyjimbob)

I just tried it and it worked on my Windows 2008 Terminal Server using the exact command-line with the exception of replacing mycore with the name of my core AND adding a space between my core name and SILENT_INSTALL=1.

The MSI help popup means there was an incorrect parameter that msiexec couldn't interpret.  Maybe it's the missing space, casing, or a misspelled word in the script after [SC=LANDeskSoftware][ST=MSI].

• Novar Apprentice 50 posts since
    Dec 17, 2007

12. Jan 24, 2012 3:09 PM (in response to firstmidwestbank)

Installing 9.0 SP3 Console.  SP3 package dependent on SP2 Console installation.  All of the solutions here talk about setup.exe.  All I have is Autorun.exe.  Is there a secret to extracting this file or finding the extracted files in this new version?  Even if I try to run Autorun.exe from anywhere but the core, I get an error message about  "Path cannot contain double-byte or other invalid characters.  Choose a new location from which to run autorun"  Any ideas?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software