1783 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 14, 2011 9:17 AM by mercuzio RSS
mercuzio Apprentice 56 posts since
Jul 9, 2010

Has received 2 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 14, 2011 2:31 AM

Questions about MCP?

Hi, the new monthly patch get me a bit worried; ihave some questions on it:

1)Why they are not published on Console Patch manager? now you should go monthly to the site and check for each MCP data, verifyingwhich component are changed frome previous and which are different from yours (manual check list for ten components); download 1-10 MCP zipped folder, and manage for updating Core,Console,Client (import custom definitions);  would not be easier to make them available in console Patch manager?

2)The launch page is always the same, (i suppose) will LANDesk  put an uplink button in console?

3)Service Pack will not be released at all or  we can wait for it, avoiding to manage all that MCP patching? is there something on road-map

4)Where we can download old MCP version? for example if SD_MCP_3-24 is not so stable and i migrating a Customer to LDMS 9 SP2 i would like to update Core and Agent to the last stable MCP (in this case SD_MCP_2-17) so that i can deploy thousands of agents without the risk of forcing a roll-back action..

Thanx all

• Bd0g SupportEmployee 112 posts since
    Nov 16, 2007

Has received 4 of 9 achievements.
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jul 14, 2011 8:35 AM (in response to mercuzio)
    Re: Questions about MCP?

Roberto, we are planning on another service pack for 9.0. There is not a release date set yet.

We dont currently release MCPs into content because they are tested on a shorter test cycle, they are not fully regression tested.

Any past or future patches you need can be requested through our support department.

Thanks

-Brandon

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software