Skip navigation
3439 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2011 2:30 AM by Dataspike RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 13, 2011 9:50 PM

Client Does not update the ldappl3.ini though changes are made available to clients

I have several clients that aren't updating the ldappl3.ini file.

I've deleted all of the ldappl3 files (minus .template) file and recreated them on the core.

Checked the ldapplpcgi.sig and ldapplpcgi.exe files (http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-6320), they have the same date, just are 13hrs apart.

Aside from reinstall, I am not sure what I can do.

Anyone have any suggestions?

• LANDeskWizrd Expert 506 posts since
    Jul 2, 2008

Has received 8 of 9 achievements.

Looks like the issue here is going to be the time difference between ldapplpcgi.sig and ldapplpcgi.exe. According to that document they both have to be the same. Of course the patch mentioned on the doc is old but maybe support can provide you with the set of files that have matching dates. Do you have another core or dev core that you can copy them from?

Jul 2, 2008

I attached the files from my core in case you want to test and see if that fixes it for you.

Attachments:
  • mrspike SSMMVPGroup 1,313 posts since
    Dec 19, 2007

Has received 9 of 9 achievements.

We have come across some of these systems that refuse to update, and in most cases if you delete the files (ldappl3*.*) in the ldclient\data folder and call an full inventory scan, they will usually download the new files.

We created a batch file that we can push out to these using a Custom Def.

Here is the code we use, change "yourcore" to the name of your core

@ECHO OFF
    del "%LDMS_LOCAL_DIR%\ldappl3.*"
    "%LDMS_LOCAL_DIR%\..\LDISCN32.EXE" /NTT=yourcore:5007 /S=yourcore /I=HTTP://yourcore/ldlogon/ldappl3.ldz /F /SYNC /NOUI

Here is the detection we use in our custom def.  You need to choose a date that is one day older than what yours is actually dated.

ldapp.JPG

Jul 2, 2008

Ouch 8.8 lol. Yeah my files won't work unfortunately. You may have to get them from support unless someone with 8.8 can post them here.

• mrspike SSMMVPGroup 1,313 posts since
    Dec 19, 2007

Has received 9 of 9 achievements.

Thanks DataSpike, that looks nice

• axaly Rookie 12 posts since
    Sep 22, 2010

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.

Hi,

Thanks for this script !

But one question :

Why the deleting function is after the LDISCN32.exe which download the good LDAPPL3 files ?

Download files:

strInvCmd = """" & strLDPath & "\LDISCN32.EXE" & """" & " /NTT=<Core Server>:5007 /S=<Core Server> /I=HTTP://<Core Server>/ldlogon/ldappl3.ldz /F /SYNC /NOUI"

Delete Files:

For Each oFile In oFolder.Files
    If InStr(oFile.Name, "LDAPPL3") Then
      oFile.Delete True
    End If
    Next

Regards,

Alex

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software