1161 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2011 4:36 AM by Mido RSS
Mido Rookie 38 posts since
Oct 4, 2011

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 31, 2011 12:29 PM

Computers randomly powering off

Hello everyone,

Last week we have faced a strange issue, some random PC received popped up a screen inform the user that their PC going to shutdown after 10 seconds.

I have made my research on the server and on the community and I found this article: http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-6701

first of all we have landesk 10 and I am not very sure if that was a bug before on the landesk and then they fixed it or what.

Here is what I looked for:

I searched into ServiceHost.log on one of the users PC who got this message and I found some logs related to this operation but the problem is we don't know what is the cause from the first place!!

I got freaked out and I removed the power management policy that we were applying on all PCs and return it back to the default. however some user reports that they still receiving this silly message.

I have also looked into the daily, weekly tasks that run on the server but it seems there is no anything to do with this.

Where can I go and track this problem?

and is there is any kind of events or logs on the server where I can find useful information and logs about this problem and why it is happening.

Guys we need help, otherwise I will resign better than get fired!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software