Skip navigation
2550 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 22, 2011 4:13 PM by Tanis RSS
jholebrook Rookie 12 posts since
Jun 22, 2009

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 21, 2011 3:51 AM

Scheduled Reports

I've tried setting up a report that I've created from a query and then creating a Schedule Report by email.  Its not running to I've checked the services on the server and made sure they are running but its still not working.  I can email the report to myself from the actions menu within Service Desk.

Any ideas what I could check? Any help would be appreciated.

Jacqueline

• blaine67 Apprentice 183 posts since
    Feb 12, 2009

Has received 3 of 9 achievements.
    1. Sep 21, 2011 5:40 AM (in response to jholebrook)
    Re: Scheduled Reports

There is one more service that needs to be active for this, which is not started by default.

It's the 'Touchpaper Query Reports Engine' service.

You did mention you had checked service, but I thought I'd ask as it's usually not started.

• Rookie 7 posts since
    Nov 2, 2011

3. Nov 2, 2011 11:55 PM (in response to jholebrook)

I too have the same issue.  The reports scheduled correctly initially, but I changed the time/date settings to test changes to the query and then all of a sudden the schedular stopped working altoegther.

All the required services are working (Outbound Mail Engine, Query Reports Engine, Inbound Email and Services Background).

• CenturyMatt Apprentice 24 posts since
    Jan 13, 2009

4. Dec 15, 2011 9:07 AM (in response to Tanis)

Check your application Log to see if your not getting an error with the actual email thats going out.  I had some issues with when i would select the option add report as attachement.  It might be that the scheduler is working but the email is bombing out due to some reason or another.  

• cgodden Apprentice 124 posts since
    Apr 15, 2009

Has received 2 of 9 achievements.
    5. Dec 20, 2011 12:34 PM (in response to CenturyMatt)

I have the same issue. Not sending them as an attachment and there is not a error in event log. It gives no feed back. Also created a query to look at messages going out and they do not show up in there

• Expert 233 posts since
    Jan 27, 2009

Has received 7 of 9 achievements.
    6. Dec 21, 2011 7:11 PM (in response to cgodden)

A few things to check (some have been mentioned already)-

1. Services are running (background processing, query reports engine and outbound mail engine)
    2. Recipients have been added to the report schedule
    3. The schedule is active (you can activate or deactivate scheduled tasks and reports, if the icon next to the report is grey it is inactive)
    4. Is anything returned by the report? If not then it doesn't send a report. Scheduled reports are only sent if they return some data at the time of running/sending
    5. Is the notification method for all recipients set to External? if not they will not receive a notification

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Hadyn

• JulianWigman Expert 585 posts since
    Apr 24, 2009

Has received 7 of 9 achievements.
    7. Dec 22, 2011 2:03 AM (in response to Hadyn Dawson)

One other thing to be aware of is that the password in the Query reports engine config file is not updated by the password update tool so might be worth checking that this (it's encrypted though) is set correctly.  Hopefully you use the same user as in the other configs so can simply compare/sync this password with one from one of the other server configs.

Julian

• cgodden Apprentice 124 posts since
    Apr 15, 2009

Has received 2 of 9 achievements.
    8. Dec 22, 2011 12:49 PM (in response to JulianWigman)

Just FYI i applied the latest roll up patches to my application server and it fixed this issue. Previosly had only applied to web server

• Rookie 7 posts since
    Nov 2, 2011

9. Dec 22, 2011 4:13 PM (in response to cgodden)

Finally figured out our problem, I didn't have anything in the 'subject' in the information section just under the recipients which in turn looks like ignored sending the email to the recipient.

Thanks for all you suggestions, I'll keep them in mind. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software