2602 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2011 9:05 AM by oliver.lucas1 RSS
Rookie 8 posts since
Nov 15, 2011

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 15, 2011 5:25 AM

The feared CTOS..

All,

I am trying to setup provisioning within LANDesk and have hit a stumbling block CTOS! ..

I have read almost all forums posts regarding this action and I just cant work it out..

CTOS seems to not get passed the "Running" stage (because it hasn't received a inventory scan from the system)

I can confirm the following:

- The ldprovisioning folder is in the C:\

- The  ldprovisioning.cmd is in the ldprovisioning folder on the C:\

- The unattend.xml file has been populated with <Path>cmd /c %%systemdrive%%\ldprovisioning\ldprovisioning.cmd</Path>

- The location %systemdrive%\ldprovisioning\ldprovisioning.cmd is valid

- Running the ldprovisioning.cmd manually installs the LANDesk agent to continue

What seems to not be working is the running of the ldprovisoning.cmd script automatically which I don't understand as its in the unattend.xml

Can anyone suggest any steps to resolve? I know its not "strictly" LANDesk but its still a LANDesk process that's failing.

Thanks for any help - I am running LANDesk Ver 9.0 SP2 and I am deploying Windows 7 - The properties are set to "Windows 7" also.

Oliver

• steve49423 Apprentice 87 posts since
    Feb 13, 2008

Has received 3 of 9 achievements.
    1. Nov 15, 2011 5:43 AM (in response to oliver.lucas1)
    Re: The feared CTOS..

So the device you're imaging completes sysprep and boots into Windows 7 but the provisioning agent doesn't kick back in at this point right?  Is the device on the network?  Even if it is are you sure its running the correct NIC drivers?  By default the provisioning agent must be able to connect to the short name of the core server, do you have full netbios name resolution?

Steve

• sedejong Apprentice 37 posts since
    Feb 9, 2009

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
    2. Nov 15, 2011 6:40 AM (in response to oliver.lucas1)

I just ran into this last week while creating our Windows 7 Image.  My comptuer would just hang at the CTOS part of the Post-OS Installation.  The thing that fixed my computer was inserting the Fix Windows.bat and Fix Unattend.bat.

If you do a search for those two programs in the community, it will show you how to install them in your provisioning task.

Again, that is what fixed my issue when I was hanging at CTOS

Attachments:
  • EMiranda Expert 681 posts since
    Aug 26, 2009

Has received 7 of 9 achievements.
    4. Nov 15, 2011 8:52 AM (in response to oliver.lucas1)

is the target OS on your provisioning template set to the correct OS?  I ran into that issue before in the past.

• EMiranda Expert 681 posts since
    Aug 26, 2009

Has received 7 of 9 achievements.
    6. Nov 15, 2011 11:27 AM (in response to oliver.lucas1)

When the CTOS is hanging. Is it in WinPE or in Sysprep.

If WinPE, there is a log file that you can check while in WinPE that might show some valuable info.

Open up a command prompt and browse to X:\ldprovisioning\configuretargetoshandler.log and see if there is any info you can find out about why it is failing.

Also, do you have any items in %WINDIR%\Setup\Scripts\SetupComplete.cmd, I believe that is where LANDesk injects the commands to launch the setup of the provisioning agent and I read on here that if that file was previously edited, it could cause some issues as well.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software