Skip navigation
2357 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2011 10:22 AM by billyc RSS
Brendan440 Apprentice 112 posts since
Aug 28, 2008

Has received 2 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 25, 2011 11:08 AM

Intel 82577LM NIC Driver Help

Has anyone been able to get this driver working in the actual OS after deployment? I had no issues getting it working for WinPE, but for some reason it will NOT install after the OS has been deployed. So the steps ...

1.) Tried multiple drivers, the system is a HP 2540p so tried both HP and Intel drivers.

2.) Every set of drivers I have used, that has not worked during the driver injection portion, works fine AFTER the OS is deployed. I can go to Device Manager, poit to any of the sets of drivers I have used and they all install perfectly. Just can't get the dang things to work before, and that is messing up my domain joining, agent install, etc.

I have other Intel drivers working fine on other HP systems, so it just seems to be this set of drivers on this system.

HELP!!!

Brendan

• kianwee77 Rookie 5 posts since
    May 10, 2010

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Nov 25, 2011 10:47 PM (in response to Brendan440)
    Re: Intel 82577LM NIC Driver Help

Hello Brendan, WinPE version 2? If this is the case, NIC for Vista should be able to resolve your issue. Re-creation of boot.wim is necessary and re-deploy it down to PXE Rep that act as TFTP. Thank you.

• Currently Being Moderated
    3. Nov 29, 2011 9:56 AM (in response to Brendan440)

Which drivers are you using?  Is it the one similar to the screenshot?

Attachments:
    5. Nov 29, 2011 10:11 AM (in response to Brendan440)

Just to clarify, when you pick auto detect for HII, it will not download the driver?  But when you specify the model then it would download the driver during HII?

You might want to un associate the driver with the model in the Manage Manufacture and reassociate it again.  Then try to run the hiiclient.exe manually on the laptop and see if it will download the drivers.

7. Nov 29, 2011 10:22 AM (in response to Brendan440)

Also for OSD make sure the hiiclient /ostype specify the correct OS.

For provisioning make sure the xml portion under <HIIOsType> also have the correct OS

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software