Skip navigation
587 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2011 10:08 PM by paul.enkelaar RSS
paul.enkelaar Expert 209 posts since
Sep 5, 2010

Has received 6 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 7, 2011 5:39 PM

Is it possible to use run-time values in Template Designer?

Hi all

As the subject says, I was wondering if it is possible in any way to use run-time values when setting up templates.

For example, in Request Management, I have an authorisation step required.  In general, the request will go to the Raise-user's manager (as specified in the User's properties in Admin module).  To cater for people being on leave etc, I have placed the "Authoriser" (user link) on the main window to allow the raise-user to select who is going to authorise their request.  However, I would like the default value displaying on the window (via the template I have set up) to be the manager of the user, but I cannot seem to be able to use run-time values here.

Right-clicking on the attribute gives me the image shown in the attachment:

authoriser.jpg

Is it just me?  Should this be an ER?

Cheers

Paul

• JulianWigman Expert 585 posts since
    Apr 24, 2009

Has received 7 of 9 achievements.

Hey Paul,

Wouldn't you instead use a Business Object Copy Rule on the Request BO in Window Manager to populate the Authoriser field as soon as the requester is picked.   Then on the raise use field set the copy related attribute to true.

That would seem more appropriate that a template which as you've discovered can only take static values.

Regards

Julian

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software