990 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2012 8:20 AM by zman RSS
itskiguy Rookie 32 posts since
Dec 28, 2011

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 12, 2012 1:28 PM

alert detection frequency

Hi,

I'm completely new to LANDesk Management Suite and just installed 9.0 SP2.  I'm doing some testing with a couple of servers to get the alerting the way that I want it, and I'm struggling with the detection frequency.  Is the Polling Interval that can be set on an individual alert the frequency that the Agent checks to see if the criteria for the alert have been reached, or the frequency with which it is reported to the LDMS?  Last night I just wanted to see what it looked like when an  alert was triggered (and I wanted to see if I had the email action set up right) so I set a disk space alert to be critical if 30% was used, set the Polling interval to 1 minute  and deployed the ruleset to a machine that was pretty low on space (5% or so).  About 5 hours later, the alert finally showed up in Real-time inventory and monitoring, but I expected it to trigger immediately.  Is that the expected behavior?  I'd really like to know if there's a problem faster than that.

Thanks!

• zman Master 3,277 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007

Has received 9 of 9 achievements.
    1. Jan 12, 2012 2:08 PM (in response to itskiguy)
    Re: alert detection frequency

If you are testing I would test with SP3. In your agent Configuration, do you have Real-Time Inventory and Monitoring (Baseline/Extended) checked.  Also check the Alertservice.log in LANDesk\ManagementSuite\log to see if it generated the alert late or it got held by your mail server.  Also make sure that when you drpped a time on the alert it was always, and make sure the alert service is running on the core.  Again if testing/evaluating I would use SP3.

• zman Master 3,277 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007

Has received 9 of 9 achievements.
    4. Jan 13, 2012 8:20 AM (in response to itskiguy)
    Re: alert detection frequency

Cool so if you are ok please close this discussion.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software