880 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2012 3:14 PM by colinheinen RSS
colinheinen Apprentice 47 posts since
May 14, 2009

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 16, 2012 7:21 AM

Creating a second instance LANDesk instance

Hi All,

I've been asked by another department to setup a simple complaint logging system - our idea was to use LANDesk.

How do you go about creating a second instance thats seperate from ours? e.g. new incident numbers/console etc.

Essentially i'm going to create them a fairly simple process and window design using the incident management and set them up to use Web Desk as their front end.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Colin

• aparker Employee 593 posts since
    Feb 18, 2009

Has received 6 of 9 achievements.
    1. Jan 16, 2012 7:29 AM (in response to colinheinen)
    Re: Creating a second instance LANDesk instance

Hi Colin,

Well first and foremost, if you were wanting to set up a new instance, that would have an implecation on yoiur license as the LD license only caters for one live installation of service desk. The good news is that there is a viable solution for you. What I would suggest you do is look to use the Call domain. This already has some simple incident style processes built and, as it is a separate domain, will have a unique numbering system. It also means that yuo can deploy this with it's own security model etc, so access from other teams would be restricted. There would be a number of additional things that you might need to consider, but in principle this is your best approach.

Andy

• dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup 2,248 posts since
    Dec 16, 2007

Has received 7 of 9 achievements.
    2. Jan 16, 2012 2:25 PM (in response to aparker)
    Re: Creating a second instance LANDesk instance

and if you use partitioning you can ensure data in the call area cannot be seen by people in your existing system

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software