Skip navigation
2009 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: Jan 20, 2012 3:24 PM by Ryan_Willett RSS
Ryan_Willett Rookie 26 posts since
Jan 20, 2012

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 20, 2012 12:29 PM

Query for different versions of Internet Explorer

I've read the past threads on this, what few there were, but was unable to locate an answer that worked.

When I attempt to query for IE versions, Utilizing the Custom Data, or the Product/Name functions, I get a jumbled response.  It brings back pretty much everything in the computer software inventory.

I need to be able to differiniate between IE 7 and IE 8 but can not get it to run correctly and bring back what i am asking it for.  I can get it to bring back 8 only. but not 7 and 8 nor, more perfably, everything but 8.

After establishing the quert to bring back the above, I would tack on it further statements that will bring it back for a particular subnet as well.  I've managed to do this for other programs, such as Lotus and Adobe, but IE isnt' performing the same... I must assume this is because it's imbedded into the OS correct?

Thanks for any help you can provide scripting the correct logic for this function. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software