Skip navigation
862 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2012 6:43 PM by dmshimself RSS
Shaun Goethals Apprentice 82 posts since
Oct 12, 2008

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 12, 2012 4:10 PM

Handling Unknown users / new users not part of the domain

A large part of our suppor users are not on our internal network and are therefore contacts to our system.  I need to work out how it is best to handle these types of users.  I tried to configure the Automatically create a new user, but it seems that it never creates them, I wanted to set them up as contacts and for the role I copied the SelfServicesGuest role to see if that would work.

• dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup 2,248 posts since
    Dec 16, 2007

Has received 7 of 9 achievements.

G'day Shaun.  That bit only works when an Email is sent in and LANDesk LDSD doesn't recognise the address as belonging to anyone.  If no email is sent in, no user gets created.  So you could ask them all to mail in or if you have a list in some other format they could be imported easily enough.  I've also set up a system before which allows people to fill in a registration page which then causes a processes to be fire off, gets authority from the SD manager and then automatically creates the contact.  Some food for thought anyway.

• dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup 2,248 posts since
    Dec 16, 2007

Has received 7 of 9 achievements.

I think you'd need a DB scripted solution for that.  Something along the lines of take all the end users that have been given the role created by the incomming email and do not have a current customer or company group and pop these into a given company group and customer group.

Depending on who did your implementation, you might find they could supply you with scripts to do this as I guess they must have done the other scripts that associate your domain users in a similar way.  If that isn't possible, you might want to contact your local support team as ask if they have one to hand.  It will need to be tailored for your environment.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software