975 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2012 11:33 PM by fisi-pjm RSS
Rookie 7 posts since
Dec 20, 2010

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 29, 2012 4:31 AM

Software deploy with integrated uninstall of old Software

Hello LD-Professionalls,

I had to Install a new Version of our Anti Virus Software, however the software does not support upgrade to newer Versions, so I had to uninstall the Old Version and Install the new one.

How I do this:

- First I run the Executable file named delnvc5.exe

- After running this exe (Need to run with Admin-rights not System-rights) I have to restart the PC

- When PC is restarted virus software is uninstall an I´m able to install the new version (MSI Packet)

Now my Question is:

- This would be a great chance to do this with Landesk, isn´t it?

- How can ich deploy software pakets with other user rights like the admin user

- Is it possible to cascade software pakets? Example: Deploy one Paket wait for Reboot Deploy the other?

I use Landesk 9.0 Managment Suite with SP3 and need to install the Paket on a Windows XP SP3 Computer.

with best regards

PJM

• Frank Wils SSMMVPGroup 1,212 posts since
    Feb 25, 2008

Has received 8 of 9 achievements.

The best way to handle reboots are by using a Provisioning Template for your distribution or a Custom Script. In the Provisioning Template you can use the reboot option and in a Custom script you can control this by doing a reboot and than a SLEEP followed by a REMPING to see when the system is on again.

For a good discussion on how to install software as administrator, look here:http://community.landesk.com/support/message/73055#73055

Frank

Axle-IT

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software