This discussion is archived
1147 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2012 8:52 AM by TomFarrugia RSS
macado Apprentice 207 posts since
Dec 15, 2008

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 29, 2012 1:57 PM

Softmon causes application slowness

I'm running into a weird issue right now.    We are running LANDesk 9.0 SP2 (with all public MCPs installed).   Because we're a decentralized model, different groups administrator their own machines.

I am assisting a group in deploying the LANDesk agent to their PCs however during their testing they've discovered that two of their in-house applications written in .NET which run off a mapped network share takes at least 3-5 minutes to load after the LANDesk Agent (LANDesk 9.0 SP2) is loaded on the computer.

If I disable the Softmon service, the application launches immediately.   Likewise, if I disable our anti-virus client (Trendmicro OfficeScan 10.1), the application launches immediately.

It seems like it may have something to so with the real-time scanning feature in LANDesk's softmon service and/or our anti-virus.   I can't exactly disable our anti-virus clients and I can't really proceed any further with deploying LANDesk to this group unti lI slow this application issue.   We're not using LANDesk's anti-virus or spyware scanning features and they are both turned off in the Agent Configuration.

The other weird issue here is that it only seems to occur on Windows 7 (32-bit) clients.  The problem doesnt occur on Windows XP clients or Windows 7 64-bit clients.

This problem only happened after loading the LANDesk agent on these machines. If I disable Softmon, it fixes the issue or if I disable our anti-virus it fixes the issue. Lastly, if i run the application with elevated priviledges the problem does not occur but I can't do that since it would mean making all our users administrators.

Any ideas?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software