998 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2012 7:47 AM by Fnurgg RSS
Fnurgg Apprentice 80 posts since
Mar 17, 2008

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 2, 2012 1:56 AM

Unable to load the antivirus engine.

Hi

We upgraded to LANDesk 9.0 SP3 yesterday and now some users are getting the following error message when opening outlook:

Unable to load the antivirus engine or reload pattern files.

Reason: Unknown failure (0x80070424). Code -2147023836 (0x80070424).

Please contact your IT representative for repair options.

Anyone have a clue what this error is about and/or how to fix this?

Kind regards

Jo

• Sundiata Kita-Bradshaw Apprentice 132 posts since
    Mar 22, 2010

Has received 3 of 9 achievements.
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Mar 2, 2012 9:14 AM (in response to Fnurgg)
    Re: Unable to load the antivirus engine.

Odd error to display  once Outlook opens but it appears that there may be an issue with the Outlook add-in. [The error is normally "LANDesk Antivirus unable to load the antivirus scan engine. Error- 2147024809 (0880070057)"]

Have you already tried disabling the Outlook add-in? If this does not resolve the issue you can try reinstalling just the AV before reinstalling the entire agent. To remove the AV open a command prompt and browse to "\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient" and run "vulscan.exe /removeav". I recommend rebooting before reinstalling. Return to the same folder using command prompt and run "vulscan.exe /installav".

If this still does not resolve the issue, I once resolved a add-in issue by just replacing the dll from a working computer. I did this after reinstalling the AV and agent and for some strange reason this resolved the issue. The dll is "LDOutlAddin.dll" under " \Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\Antivirus"

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software