Anyone out there upgade to LD9 SP3?
The PXE boot seeems to take longer now then with SP2 installed.
When a computer is PXE booting during the time it is showing loading drivers on the screen this is really taking a long time. I went back into the WinPE and removed all the drivers I had added in SP2 but that didn't seem to help.
It could be drivers, SP3 was upgraded from vista to win7...it could also be that your winpe image cache size has defaulted back to the original size. There is a document in the forum to increase the size.
To check boot to PE and run the dir command, check the size at the end.
I'll check the size when I get a chance.
When I deleted the drivers I loaded in SP2 I noticed I get this message now:
[LDDrvLoad]: This is not a valid folder name, cFileName = .
[LDDrvLoad]: This is not a valid folder name, cFileName = ..
Seems like after the removal, Landesk did not rebuild the WinPe correctly. Do you know what this means?
Also I checked the WinPE version and it is the correct one for Windows 7.
To rebuild WinPE you can use your boot.wim from prior to upgrading or start with a clean boot.wim from the sp3 installation package. If you are seeing performance issues it might be best to use a new one and add the drivers you need. With the update in sp3 you should be using the Windows 7 32 bit drivers and would want to remove the old Vista drivers you have injected. Once you have chosen which file to use, you can run the osd.upgrade.exe found in the landesk\management suite directory again. Check the log to ensure that you did not have any errors, and then inject your drivers into WinPE. The osd.upgrade.exe document found at http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-24702 will also help if you have any errors and also talks about where to get the boot.wim files.