975 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2012 9:32 AM by gavin.haire RSS
Rookie 18 posts since
May 4, 2009

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 5, 2012 7:28 AM

Incident window does not appear....

Hi,

Our service desk have advised that they are unable to take calls now.  When they click 'new incident' or 'new change' the window flashes on screen, then goes to the attached screen shot.  When they are looking at historical calls the same is happening.  It started with one user this morning, then a couple of hours later the next and now it is happening to them all.  Any assistance is much appreciated...

Thanks

Gavin

Attachments:
  • aparker Employee 593 posts since
    Feb 18, 2009

Has received 6 of 9 achievements.
    1. Mar 5, 2012 7:35 AM (in response to gavin.haire)
    Re: Incident window does not appear....

From that screen shot, it looks to me like the column width for the Actions and Tree has become very wide. Try making console a window and see if you get a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom. If you do, scroll right and you might find the incident form. If you do, drag the width back.

It's just a hunch!

Andy

• aparker Employee 593 posts since
    Feb 18, 2009

Has received 6 of 9 achievements.
    3. Mar 5, 2012 7:54 AM (in response to gavin.haire)

Keep us posted on what happens. I know the support guys will have picked up your comments, so if you continue to get this, update the thread and I'm sure they'll contribute as required.

Andy

• hewy06 Expert 293 posts since
    Nov 8, 2010

Has received 7 of 9 achievements.
    5. Mar 5, 2012 8:55 AM (in response to gavin.haire)

Hi Gavin

We had 1 user who continually had this happening to them.  From memory I think it was to do with the OS screen display settings (Windows 7 in this users case).  We ended up deleting everything for that user in the tps_application_user_setting table which reset all the windows back to the default settings.

I'm assuming this is in your live enviroment so as always make sure you have a backup and test it out on one user first (ideally in your test enviroment if you can replicate it in there).

Helen

• CCrossfield SupportEmployee 171 posts since
    Nov 11, 2008

Has received 5 of 9 achievements.
    6. Mar 5, 2012 9:14 AM (in response to hewy06)

Hi,

The above is correct, there is a problem record for the issue:

5364 - Panel widths in Console continuously increase when the PCs DPI setting is changed

There is also a workaround in the following community article, also setting to dpi settings back to default should stop this reoccurring:

http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-6625

Is it possible to raise this with your support provider quoting the above problem reference number above.

Calvin

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software