Hi LANDesk People, Hi LANDesk employees,
We have in our company about 300 clients, all with LANDesk Agent and AV installed. Alle Clients have WinXP with SP3. The LANDesk Version is 8.8 SP4.
Since 2 weeks i have a strange issue: at exactly 53 Clients we have the problem, that the RealVNC Server files (winvnc4.exe and vncconfig.exe) are quarantined.
At the LANDesk AV Client and also at the Mgmt Console, the quarantined files are marked with a virus "badname". See the attachment below.
With our support partner we have tried the following:
- updating the virus patterns
- controlling the security permissions at the quarantine folder
- our partners has checked the quarantined files (winvnc4.exe and vncconfig.exe), no virus message by them --> so the files are clean
- installed the LANDesk patch LD-AV47633-884 at the core and at one test client
- excluded the VNC program folder %PROGRAMFILES%\RealVNC\VNC4\Server\ at one test client
All these tries/topics doesn`t helped us. Today, all the 53 clients have the same problem either.
I have noticed some thing: All the 53 clients have the agent version 22.214.171.124. Many other clients with the agent version 126.96.36.199 does not have this problem!
Did you see this page:
The problem seems to be resolved with a patch for LD9SP2. I would suggest you better contact Support to get the same for 8.8...
thanks for your answer.
Iam new in the community, can you tell me how to contact LANDesk support for this problem?
Support contact details are on this page:
LANDesk Silver ESP
The One-Stop Shop for LANDesk Enhancements