Skip navigation
858 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2012 10:45 AM by Jamie Cannon RSS
Nic Apprentice 56 posts since
Mar 31, 2010

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 9, 2012 1:35 AM

Auto Populate an Attribute from one Window to Another

Hi all, does anyone know if it is possible to auto populate an attribute from one window to another?

For example, enter a date on the Task Schedule window, that auto populates this date on the Task Change window.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Nic

• hewy06 Expert 293 posts since
    Nov 8, 2010

Has received 7 of 9 achievements.
    1. Feb 9, 2012 2:56 AM (in response to Nic)
    Re: Auto Populate an Attribute from one Window to Another

Hi Nic

Yes this should be possible.  I haven't done dates but I have windows where I copy the Title, Description, Catalogue Hierarchy from the Request window on to the Request Task window using runtime values.

So when I select the Add Task action in the process designer in my Request process and the task window appears , I rightclick on the field, select "Value Type" then "Specify a runtime value for control" and browse to Request/Catalogue Hierarchy Cateegory to pull through the info onto the task window

Helen

• Jamie Cannon ITSMMVPGroup 1,356 posts since
    Feb 28, 2008

Has received 7 of 9 achievements.
    2. Mar 16, 2012 10:45 AM (in response to Nic)
    Re: Auto Populate an Attribute from one Window to Another

You could try to create a new Date/Time attribute and do a calculation set to "After Read" that will populate the new attribute with data from the other.  Calculations are still soft of new to me but I do use this for copying RaiseUser/Title from an Incident window to an Incident Task window.  We also use it for our HR stuff.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software