Skip navigation
879 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 17, 2012 9:18 PM by dmshimself RSS
MarcelloCentineo Apprentice 140 posts since
Dec 9, 2008

Has received 3 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 14, 2012 2:36 AM

Web Desk / Access which desktop manager functions are avaiable?

Hi,

Does someone know which desktop manager functions / right mouseclick actions are available in 7.5 WebAccess?

We'd like to open "DameWare" and another .exe file if we choose a CI on the Incident window.

One more question: Is there a way to add a link to an excel sheet, word doc or something else via a Shortcut (URL shortcut?!) in 7.5 WebAccess?

We would like to give endusers a link to an excel sheet in self service

Thanks in advance

Marcello

• KaiEilert Apprentice 100 posts since
    Aug 8, 2011

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.

Hi Marcello,

as far as I am aware you can use any desktop manager shortcut in WebDesk.

However linking directly to a file could be a security issue and will most problably be blocked by the browser.

You could try to place a label on a window and insert a A HREF link to a UNC Path that brings the user directly to a intranet folder where the excel is located.

However I have not found a way to remove the other LANDesk Desktop Manager options from the actions menu in WebDesk. Maybe you know a small trick how to get them out of there

Kind regards,

Kai

• dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup 2,248 posts since
    Dec 16, 2007

Has received 7 of 9 achievements.

If you mean the generic desktop management connector then this is not implemented at all in WebAccess.  DTM is only implemented for LDMS currently, so no generic, SCCM nor ZENworks.

On your second question, you can add a shortcut into a WebAccess shortcut which launches a URL.  I've used to launch all sorts of stuff in the past.  You can also add a webpage into WebAcecss dashboards too.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software