Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
653 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2012 9:39 AM by sv255011 RSS
sv255011 Rookie 2 posts since
Oct 31, 2011

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 21, 2012 1:06 AM

I am Planning to Move LANDesk9.0 SP2 From W2K3 to W2K8, Please let me know how to proceed?

I am Planning to Move LANDesk9.0 SP2 From W2K3 to W2K8, Please let me know how to proceed?

If someone can provide me Steps that would be greatful!!!!!

• Employee 213 posts since
    Dec 12, 2007

Has received 6 of 9 achievements.

Hello,

the general way to proceed is to install a Windows 2008 R2 (attention we support only Windows 2008 R2) with IIS 7.5

you can find instructions about IIS 7.5 installation here : http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-6797

Create on your DBMS a new database for the new core: if you are not going to use the SA user make sure that the user that you are going to use is DBO of that database (ask to your DB admin) [you will not need this DB at the end...read all the procedure]

Then make a backup of your database and actual core (it is always a best practice to have backup of your past environment)

Install  LANDesk 9 SP2 (we have a streamlined/slipstream version with SP2 already preinstalled) on the new server.

If you want that your agents/devices will be able to talk with the new server you will need to take the certificates from your old core and inject them on the new core.

The procedure is easy:

Simply save the following files from the old core that you will find in "C:\program files\landesk\Shared Files\Keys" (the drive is always C: even if LANDesk is installed on another folder) and copy them to "C:\Program Files(x86)\LANDesk\Shared files\Keys". Be sure to do not overwrite or delete anything on the NEW CORE in that folder

The files you need to copy from the old to the new are:

*.key

*.crt

*.cer

Copy the *.0 file(s) to the new core ldmain share as well ( \\<newcore>\ldlogon\ )

If you called the server in a different way from the the old one you need to act on your corporate DNS so that the old name will point to the IP of the new server.

Your DNS administrator can modify the A record of the DNS or create a CNAME record (alias).

Now you are ready to switch to the old database

1. Shut down your old core and disconnect it from the network: be sure is not going to talk with your database anymore!!
    2. launch the LANDESK CONFIGURE SERVICES and point the new core to your old database.
    3. If you installed some of the CCP/MCP/Component patches I suggest to download and install on the new core our SP3

This is a general guide and steps may depend from your environment...so be sure to understand well the steps and always make a backup before to proceed.

Kind regards,

StockTrader

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software