Skip navigation
548 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 29, 2012 3:24 PM by quang.do@quiksilver.com RSS
Nic Apprentice 56 posts since
Mar 31, 2010

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 29, 2012 6:26 AM

Write Once Window Attributes Don't Work in Self Service

Hi all, excuse my ignorance, I am just starting out setting up self service in preparation for our upgrade from 7.3.2 to 7.5 so might just be doing/missing something stupid....

Currently we have a number of request processes sitting within our change domain, so, we have now started re-creating them all in the request domain on our test box.  All was going well, until we went to request our new service as an end user and none of the attributes on our window displayed correctly, for example, an ordered list had no drop downs and a date attribute did not work.  All of our attributes on this initial logging widow are set to Write Once, so that users can not go in at a later date and change the original information provided.

After much head scratching, and a small amount of swearing, we decided to change the attributes to Read/Write and this worked fine, but is obviously not acceptable in this instance.

Has anyone else come accross this problem, and if so, is there any way around it...??

Thanks

Nic

• Apprentice 33 posts since
    Aug 30, 2011

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Mar 29, 2012 3:24 PM (in response to Nic)
    Re: Write Once Window Attributes Don't Work in Self Service

Hi Nic,

I ran into a similar issues myself with Write-Once after upgrading to 7.5, mainly affecting only the webaccess /selfservice

I contacted LANDesk regarding this because it was really buggy (it was wiping the "write once" data after saving!) and they suggested this:

For each action, create two of the same window, one window with all "Read/Write" and the second window being "Read Only"

*Setup the first window with "Read/Write" capabilities, this will be the intial window for each action

*Setup the second window with "Read Only" capabilities, after saving this will be the window displayed that cannot be modified

Next, setup a window view-rule:

*Object State: NEW, display the window with "Read/Write" protection

*Object State: UPDATE, display the window with "Read Only" protection

Hopefully this helps!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software