I followed Doc 1089 to the T and checked on the computer in the ldapl32.ini file to see if the core passed on the registry entry I added in the core and it was there.
I run a Full Sync scan on the computer and nothing new shows in my inventory.
The registry keys I added all have a dword listed or Reg_sz listed in the registry.
Checked, doublechecked spelling , spaces, commas etc in fact I took a entry that is working and copyed it but put it under a different heading in the inventory and it only shows under the heading it was in originally(I did not delete the original entry only copyed/duplicated).
The original heading was (Computer) - Custom Data - Landesk. The new heading (Computer) - Custom data - Nic settings.
Also checked in Services - Inventory Blocked applications and can't find my entry in there either.
Lets try checking to be certain the scanning part of this is working correctly. This is a sequence I followed on my test machine before writing this:
After this, it should be a case of trying to replicate this for other keys. Remember though that you should only do HKLM keys as HKCU keys are not accessible to the scanner if launched by local scheduler.
Hope this helps.
LANDesk Silver ESP
The One-Stop Shop for LANDesk Enhancements
I've some additional hints...
Here you can find a additional description too: http://www.droppedpackets.org/systemmanagement/ldms/inventory/extending-inventory-with-unmodeled-data-free-ad-groups/
Or you can try the tool regtoinv, you can get it from LANDesk support...with this tool you can scan the registry for entries in registry where you want and write it in inventory ...
Thanks to both of you for your replys. I'm sure had I follwed either one I would have gotten it to work.
I was so frustrated with this I finally called Landesk Support.
What fixed it was having the Value after the key path and also adding it on the end of the line.
Of course this does not follow the 1089 doc as it only shows the value after the Key path.
My entry that was already in the ldappl3.template and was supposed to have been working since I put it in (under LD9 SP2) but did not work after copying itdown to another line, did work after I added the value to the end of the line.
I asked the Tech if there was a change made from LD9 SP2 to SP3 and was told no.