Skip navigation
1381 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 13, 2012 4:07 PM by Jonathan Barker RSS
Chip Rookie 12 posts since
Feb 1, 2011

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 6, 2012 2:06 PM

Are Preferred Servers required for HII in LD 9.0 SP3?

I am trying to setup HII for OSD and Provisiong after upgrading our test enviroment from LANDesk Management Suite 9.0 SP2 to LANDesk Management Suite 9.0 SP3. When I click on Save in the HII Driver Repository Manager I get the follwoing error "The specified UNC path does not reference a preferred server.  HII driver management requires the driver location to be on a configured preferred server.The paths shown in the HII Driver Repository Manager are vaild paths on the LANDesk Management Suite server and users have read access to the paths.  Is there any way to setup HII so that it does not use a preferred server or can the server hosting the LANDesk Managment suite be the preferred server? 

• LANDeskWizrd Expert 506 posts since
    Jul 2, 2008

Has received 8 of 9 achievements.
    1. Apr 9, 2012 6:44 AM (in response to Chip)
    Re: Are Preferred Servers required for HII in LD 9.0 SP3?

As far as I know, you have to set it up using a Preferred Server and don't think that can be changed. You can make your core server a Preferred Server if you wish to. I would give some thought on the IP ranges that you give it. If you leave it blank then that will become a Preferred Server for all of your subnets. Just something to think about when setting it up.

• Jonathan Barker Apprentice 27 posts since
    Apr 13, 2012

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
    2. Apr 13, 2012 4:07 PM (in response to Chip)
    Re: Are Preferred Servers required for HII in LD 9.0 SP3?

Create a preferred server as your core server, but use an IP range that is outside of your network range.  This will create your core server as a preferred server although nothing will ever use it and the HII prompt will be happy.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software