Skip navigation
107 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 14, 2014 4:50 AM by phoffmann RSS
Rookie 4 posts since
Apr 23, 2012

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 23, 2012 4:54 PM

possible to change the start time for a daily ldiscan run?

It looks like the daily inventory scan is running everyday around the time that the package was originally installed.  I definitely don't want it running during the day and I definitely don't want it running at the same time on all of my machines.  I'm guessing that I'll need to modify ldclient.db - and that there are 2 options:

1) modify the resource_values table entry where feature_id = crontime to be some random time during the night.

2) modify the resource_values table entry where feature_id = cronperiod to be something like 'never' and rely on a cron.daily script to run it at a random time overnight.

Thoughts, suggestions, criticisms?

• phoffmann SupportEmployee 2,643 posts since
    Dec 11, 2007

Has received 7 of 9 achievements.

You don't want to modify the LDCLIENT.DB at all, ideally .

So the "trick" to this is simple - check "/opt/landesk/jobs/" - you will see an "ldiscan_daily.xml" in it. The MAP-SCHEDULER checks the JOBS directory for "do I have anything to do" type stuff, and the TIMESTAMP flag in the XML is in CTIME (you can find a converter easily enough - the first hit on google for me was this - http://morecavalier.com/index.php?whom=Apps%2FUnix+timestamp+converter ).

Alternatively, you can delete the daily scan from the jobs directory and simply add an inventory scan command line to your CRON.DAILY or so (which would then result in a "one-off" XML-file in the jobs directory for a short thing).

That should help you out here .

- Paul Hoffmann

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software