426 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2012 8:37 AM by mrspike RSS
michael.religa@selecta.com Rookie 3 posts since
Feb 13, 2012

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 24, 2012 6:52 AM

Windows Security Updates (patching).

Dear All,

I have been tasked with replacement of our WSUS system in favour of Landesk Management Suite 9.0. I have been playing with the Patch and Compliance feature for a while and although it looks it can do things better than WSUS, I'm struggling to make few things work. I would appreciate if anyone could help me with the following:

1. I've created a OS specific groups under custom groups (Patch and Compliance) i.e. Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2008 Server etc. How can I populate those groups with patches applying only to those operating systems? I've tried filter but I still see security patches related to other software (office etc). I would like to be able to add only critical patches for the OS.

2. Can I automatically add newly released patches to those custom folders?

3. How can I download (Import) all the latest Microsoft Patches to Landesk. Do I need to schedule the download of the patches? I though Landesk would periodically check for updates and download them automatically.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards.

Michael.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software