Skip navigation
109 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 27, 2012 1:13 AM by Nic RSS
Nic Apprentice 56 posts since
Mar 31, 2010

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 26, 2012 4:05 AM

Requested For V Requested By....

Am I the only person who can't get my head around why these fields default the way they do...??

• hewy06 Expert 293 posts since
    Nov 8, 2010

Has received 7 of 9 achievements.
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Apr 26, 2012 9:32 AM (in response to Nic)
    Re: Requested For V Requested By....

Hi Nic

Ok this is from distant memory as we don’t use the catalogue the way it was designed, so please if anyone can confirm or tell me I’m talking rubbish please do

When you load the Service Catalogue page “Requested For” appears at the top, this will contain the name of the user logged on and, if they are a manager, the people associated to them in LANDesk .  So selecting my staff member Joe Bloggs here, once you request a service Joe Bloggs will be populated for the Requested For (ie Raise User) and I think Requested By appears blank and you can choose from the list of users as it may not be you requesting the service for the person but someone else.

When Lara explained it to me it made sense, not sure I’ve really conveyed that here!!

But we had to do things ar&e about face.  As we didn’t want the Requested For to be populated we ended up using the Requested By to be the Raise User, but so we didn’t have to start rewriting queries, there’s a copy rule to copy Requested By to Raise User – what a palaver!!

Helen

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software