646 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2012 2:40 AM by KarenPeacock RSS
Adam Wilden Expert 508 posts since
Jan 16, 2009

Has received 4 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

May 2, 2012 11:21 AM

Using Incident.rpt

Hi Folks,

We've never used incident.rpt as we have our own reports written in PHP.  But we've now been asked if we can start using this from within Console for Printing and within Webdesk as a kind of full call report.

*So* wish WebDesk could run Console reports!  (i.e. as reports > HTML, not as queries...)

Anyway, what we are getting is:

Failed to load database information. Details: The database DLL 'crdb_oracle.dll' could not be loaded. Error in File C:\Windows\TEMP\IncidentManagement.Incident {5D365067-EA6F-4A02-85D7-4DC802991F5B}.rpt: Failed to load database information.

This happens in both Console and clicking on the right-hand icon in WebDesk.

The report seems fine in Crystal and I'm sure the connection info is OK.  Other Crystal reports run OK from within Console > Administration > Crystal Reports using the same connection info..

The client computer we are testing has the Oracle client and tns names looks OK.

Do we need the Oracle client on the webserver and appserver too?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers - Adam.

• KarenPeacock Employee 1,131 posts since
    Jul 29, 2008

Has received 6 of 9 achievements.
    1. May 2, 2012 2:47 PM (in response to Adam Wilden)
    Re: Using Incident.rpt

Hi

I've not seen that particular error before but as a general idea have you followed these steps on that report:

Configuring Crystal Reports with a Service Desk ORACLE Database

Also yes you will need to have the Oracle client installed on the Web Server.  If you have 64 bit machines you would need to have the 32bit Oracle client installed because Crystal wants the 32bit drivers. There is a comment on the article above about this.

Best wishes

Karen

Jul 29, 2008

3. May 3, 2012 2:03 AM (in response to Adam Wilden)

Hi Adam

As mentioned, I've not seen that error before but the Crystal SAP guides indicate it can be caused by designing a report in a later version of Crystal and then using a lower version to run it.  This is from the bottom of page 4 on this link:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b0225775-88c4-2c10-bd80-8298769293de?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true&46063524580855 

This would make sense.  I expect you have the Crystal XI designer as you are on 7.4 I think so the runtime version would be 10.5, although what I don't understand why we haven't seen this error previously at other sites. 

Another link I found indicates that it is the type of Oracle connection that you are using in the report and perhaps only certain connection types require this .dll (whether you are using the native Oracle driver etc)..  http://scn.sap.com/thread/1467045  This sounds a bit more plausible and could be what is different about your setup.  It might be worth raising a support case with the .rpt file attached so we can look at the connection type you are using?

Best wishes

Karen

Jul 29, 2008

5. May 3, 2012 2:45 AM (in response to Adam Wilden)

That report will be making use of different functions now available in Service Desk 7.5 because the runtime version of Crystal is now 2008.  You would need to open the report in Crystal and open any formulas that refer to "to local time".  Then change them to just have the field name in, so instead of :

ShiftDateTime ({pm_process.PM_CREATION_DATE},"UTC,0","")

Just have

{pm_process.PM_CREATION_DATE}

This will show the date just in UTC/GMT not BST but we can sort that out later.  Got any plans to upgrade to 7.5?

Karen

Jul 29, 2008

7. May 4, 2012 2:40 AM (in response to Adam Wilden)

You've definitely run through my document to point that report at the right database?  I think overall we would do better with trying to get the report working for the version of software that you've got rather than trying the 7.5 one. 

When you updated the older (first) report to point to your database you didn't do this on your 7.5 system did you?  If so, this might account for the first error you were getting and it would've got saved in Crystal 2008 format.

It really shouldn't be this difficult to get working.  Can you open a support case with the .rpt file attached and we will take a look?

Best wishes

Karen

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software