447 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: May 12, 2012 10:39 AM by Jamie Cannon RSS
itskiguy Rookie 32 posts since
Dec 28, 2011

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

May 10, 2012 11:58 AM

Current Assigned Analyst on Generic Service Request

Hello,

I'm using Service Desk 7.5 and for Request Management I'm pretty much just using the out of the box Generic Service Request.  There seems to be some limitations with using the out of the box stuff with this, but I'm slowly tweaking it to get it to work the way I want it to.  One of the things I did was adding an Add Assignment acction before moving into the Provisioning status.  When I add an Analyst with an assignment they seem to be assigned it (it shows up under Assignments), but if I add Current Assigned Analyst to the Open Requests query, it's blank.  The same attribute works fine for Incidents though.  What do I need to do in order to make that display the assigned analyst for Requests?  And along a similar line does anyone know why you can't add the Assign to Me action to a Request process the way you can to an Incident?

Thanks

• Jamie Cannon ITSMMVPGroup 1,356 posts since
    Feb 28, 2008

Has received 7 of 9 achievements.

To answer the first question, you may want to check the exact name of the attribute that is being used on that assignment window.  There is also a chance that you will need to pull "Current Assignment\User\Title" in your query.  This should go into the user account for Current Assignment and actually pull the Analysts names.  If you could attach a screen shot of the query you are using that would help.

To answer the first, to do an "Assign to Me" action, go into Process Manager and select the Properties shortcut (looks like 3 green circles together".  Find Request Management and expand it out.  Expand the "Actions" folder.  Right click on that folder and select New Action.  In your Title, enter "Assign to Me" and click Save.

Now open your process and drag over an Action Instance (the blue rectangle) onto your workflow.  Right after that, drag an Assignment item onto the window.  Right click on the "Analyst" box and choose "Value Type" then place a dot in the radio button next to "Specify a macro value for control".  Now in the dropdown list you should have $CurrentUser$.  Select that and save it.

Now what will happen is when you select "Assign to Me", it'll automatically assign to ticket to the user who click that actions.  Now just connect everything within your flow and you will be all set.  It has to be connected from a status.

Assign to Myself.jpg

Hope this helps.  If you need more screenshots, just let me know.

• Jamie Cannon ITSMMVPGroup 1,356 posts since
    Feb 28, 2008

Has received 7 of 9 achievements.
    Currently Being Moderated
    5. May 12, 2012 10:39 AM (in response to itskiguy)
    Re: Current Assigned Analyst on Generic Service Request

Based on that screenshot, it looks like you will just want to use User/Title.  Since the attribute is not named "Current Assignment", you should be able to accurately pull User/Title to get the information you will need.  Then you can just have your column header say "Current Assignment".

Hope this helps as far as that goes.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software