Skip navigation
163 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 9, 2012 2:41 PM by JulianWigman RSS
Jamie Cannon ITSMMVPGroup 1,356 posts since
Feb 28, 2008

Has received 7 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

May 15, 2012 9:57 PM

Creating a Task within a Task

Never realized there were 2 Service Desk sections.  A LANDesk Service Desk and a General Service Desk.  Odd.  Anyway, can someone help with this one?

http://community.landesk.com/support/message/78094#78094

Thanks,

• JulianWigman Expert 585 posts since
    Apr 24, 2009

Has received 7 of 9 achievements.
    Currently Being Moderated
    2. Sep 9, 2012 2:41 PM (in response to Jamie Cannon)
    Re: Creating a Task within a Task

I think rather than create a task within a task,  which incidentally is not possible,  you could create another task as normal from the main IPC and use preconditions in your Task processes to halt until other associated tasks reach their designated status.   I've done this before where you say have "H/W" and "S/W" tasks and H/W one has to be completed before the other can continue etc.

You'll probably need to get "down and dirty" with BOO calculations etc for your precons, looping around the Task object.   I tend to add a "Task Type" reference list to my tasks too such that I can  more easily focus on the types of task I need to monitor. Depends on your design though as also by having different Task lifecycles kicked off depending on what you need to accomplish and later tetsing on lifecycle title would I guess also allow you to focus in.

Regards

Julian

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software