Rookie 18 posts since
Feb 5, 2009

Has received 2 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

May 10, 2010 12:29 PM

Printing By View

Currently we have a setup as follows:

Object 1

Several fields for collecting information.

Window 1

Read only window for Object 1. This window has a read only view and not all of the fields are displayed.

Window 2

By clicking an action that is only available to some users, the view will show Window 2 which is a window that is not read only and shows all of the fields for Object 1

What I would like to be able to do is have two different print reports based on the windows. Window 1 would print only the fields that are seen on the window, and Window 2 would print all of the objects fields. Is this possible?

Using 7.2.6 and the users access through Service Portal.

• dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup 2,251 posts since
    Dec 16, 2007

Has received 7 of 9 achievements.
    1. May 10, 2010 3:10 PM (in response to devrieph)
    Re: Printing By View

I'm going to stick my neck out and say no for 726.  With 73 webdesk it should do this automatically as printing is done a different way.  ServiceDesk will still be a problem I think.

Dec 16, 2007

3. May 15, 2010 4:58 PM (in response to devrieph)

You can label the 2 windows with some sort of text tag, but the symbolic ref for things like currentuser and currentgroup cannot be passed out and used with print.  I guess if you were using integrated login for accessing the print report rather than a SQL specific account, you might be able to look at the who the person was acessing the database was in crystal and do something there.  (That's a guess by the way, I've never tried it)

Dec 16, 2007

5. Aug 26, 2010 3:03 PM (in response to devrieph)

Very creative. A use of Active Knowledges effectiveness function for a very different and handy purpose.  Never say never!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software