4031 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 8, 2010 1:47 PM by brandonhyde RSS
Apprentice 79 posts since
Apr 6, 2009

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 8, 2010 12:19 PM

Virtual IE7 and ActiveX Objects

Hey everyone,

We have a pretty significant issue with our virtual copy of IE7.  Users are unable to install ActiveX Objects.  When they try, they get an information bar message stating the following...

"Your security settings do not allow websites to use ActiveX controls installed on your computer."

Of course, right away, this sounds like a security setting in IE...but I have everything set the way it should be.  The really odd thing is that things work fine when I'm logged in as an admin.  It's just under Power User profiles that it's not working.

- Brandon

• Tracy Expert 405 posts since
    Nov 27, 2007

Has received 5 of 9 achievements.
    1. Oct 8, 2010 1:34 PM (in response to brandonhyde)
    Re: Virtual IE7 and ActiveX Objects

Im thinking is has either something to do with your capture, or your sandbox settings. I don't have an IE7, but I tried my IE6 on Win7x86 with UAC enabled and logged on as a normal user. My sandbox was getting written to the default %appdata% location.

I went to both msdn.microsoft.com and logmein.com and installed activex controls. Do you have a site you want me to try?

-Tracy

Nov 27, 2007

3. Oct 8, 2010 1:41 PM (in response to brandonhyde)

Do you have to have IE7? I'd be happy to put my IE6 build directory on FTP. Then you could just run build.bat with your license.

-Tracy

Nov 27, 2007

5. Oct 8, 2010 1:46 PM (in response to brandonhyde)

Make sure you use the new "IE Harvest" freature in 4.6x to capture your IE6 rather than a regular snapshot.... You'll have a lot fewer issues. ;-)

-Tracy

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software