3947 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2010 12:27 PM by LANexpert RSS
LANexpert Rookie 16 posts since
Dec 17, 2007

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 14, 2010 2:36 AM

Can LANDesk distribute ThinApp ?

Hello all !

I recently virtualized applications using VMware Thinapp 4.0.4.

Then, I tried to push my virtual application to a computer : it failed, with the specific error :

Thu, 14 Oct 2010 10:35:09 processing of package is complete, result -2147467259 (0x80004005 - code 16389)

In the Agent SDMCache, I can see the exe file, but .. he is @@partial@@, with the final size.

Then, I tried to execute the application from the computer, by clicking on the EXE file, stored on my Network Share. It worked.

The questions are:

• Is LANDesk Virtualization Application strictly equivalent to VMware ThinApp ?
  • Does LANDesk includes some kind of  "protections" to prevent the distribution of virtualized apps generated with VMware ThinApp (instead of LANDesk App Virt) ?
  • Does anyone know what is the error I'm getting each time I try to distribute a VMware ThinApp ?

Many thanks for your answer !

• Employee 620 posts since
    Dec 12, 2007

Has received 6 of 9 achievements.
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Oct 14, 2010 8:08 AM (in response to LANexpert)
    Re: Can LANDesk distribute ThinApp ?

The questions are:

• Is LANDesk Virtualization Application strictly equivalent to VMware ThinApp ? YES
    • Does  LANDesk includes some kind of  "protections" to prevent the  distribution of virtualized apps generated with VMware ThinApp (instead  of LANDesk App Virt) ? NOT anymoreIn 8.7 and early 8.8 it was.
    • Does anyone know what is the error I'm getting each time I try to distribute a VMware ThinApp ?  You may have a rights issue.  I would place the executable in the ldlogon directory on your core server and try to deploy using HTTP.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software