2145 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 24, 2011 8:46 AM by yuh RSS
Rookie 4 posts since
Sep 8, 2010

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 23, 2011 1:39 PM

Error when logging into the LANDesk 32-bit Remote Console: [DBNETLIB]

Good day!

I have taken a look at document 1105 for my initial troubleshooting steps but I haven't had success in getting past the "connecting to database" step upon login.  It would fail with the following message:

[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).] SQL Server does not exist or access denied.  Invalid connection string attribute.

The following items have been done on the CoreServer:

1.  Added the registry entry (the keys did not exist) HKLM\Software\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\Core\Connections\Local.  String == ServerName & Value == FQDN.

2.  The SQL Server port was found to be non-standard by going to the registry: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\LDMSDATA\MSSQLServer\SuperSocketNetLib\TCP.

3.  I have verified in SQL 2005 that named pipes & TCP/IP is enabled.  I also verified that the IP address exists under the enabled TCP/IP properties as well as the proper port number found in #2.

4.  Windows Firewall has allowed the non-standard port to accept incoming traffic.

The following items have been done on the workstation where the Remote Console is located:

1.  Create a system DSN with the non-standard port.  Connection succeeds when you do a test.

2.  I am able to PING the server (FQDN & IP Address) and TELNET into the server using the non-standard port.

3.  Enabled TCP/IP & Named Pipes in c:\Windows\System32\cliconfg.exe

4.  Rebooted the workstation.

Notes:

1.  Regardless of whether the firewall is turned on/off, I am still unable to make a connection to the database.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

HY

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software