In our process all incidents should autoclose 5 days after resolution. Incidents that require a customer to complete a survey (1 in 10 incidents) are not auto closing anymore. This means that automatic emails are sent out to the technicians to say that incidents have breached when they were actually resolved within the SLA. I have attached a diagram of the part of the process involved. Any help appreciated.
If you are using the autoclose service, then I don't think you are going to be able to get round this, without change the SLAs in some way. The better way if you are on 7.3.x is to use a calculation and scheduled job to autoclose as it has a more flexible way of calculating if something should be clsoed or auto resolved or ...
Are your SLA's set to have an Escalation Completion on a Status (eg Resolved) or a Status Type? If they're set to complete on the Resolved status, the survey ones may breach before they come out of the survey loop back to Resolved.
(I'm looking at it from a 7.2.5 point of view, so later versions may be different)
The completion status is set to resolved, and as you say, "If they're set to complete on the Resolved status, the survey ones may breach before they come out of the survey loop back to Resolved". Shouldn't the incident continue to autoclose despite the survey being completed or not, as the user may never fill in the survey?
Well, as our SLA is currently under discussion, now would be a good time to change it to get around this issue also. I'm wondering if consultation may be needed for this or if I could make these changes myself. Not sure on the "use a calculation and scheduled job" part though.
Can I just adde that if you're on 7.3.x versions, you should look to moving to the scheduled bulk action approach to doing this. Because it uses queries you can be far more flexible with how you select the proceses to be closed. Andy
I think we are using bulk scheduled actions, they just don't autoclose those 1 in 10 incidents at the feedback status and so they appear as breached and fire the notification email off.
If thats the case, maybe I'm being too simplistic, but you need to look at the query that selects the incidents to close and how that relates to the process. You may need to modify. The process to have the action, or even create a second scheduled bulk action that handles those ones.
Having spoken to the consultant who implemented our recent changes to the process, he has recommended we set the completion status type on the SLA to be "completion" rather than using "resolved" as this will close incidents if they are at the feedback or resolved status. Then to restart background services. This will be tried out of hours.
Thanks all for your comments. :-)