Skip navigation
2354 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2011 9:10 AM by Maryanne RSS
Rookie 8 posts since
Apr 17, 2009

Has received 1 of 9 achievements.
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 31, 2011 11:41 AM

Autoclosure not working on surveyed incidents

In our process all incidents should autoclose 5 days after resolution.  Incidents that require a customer to complete a survey (1 in 10 incidents) are not auto closing anymore.  This means that automatic emails are sent out to the technicians to say that incidents have breached when they were actually resolved within the SLA.  I have attached a diagram of the part of the process involved.  Any help appreciated.

Attachments:
  • dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup 2,252 posts since
    Dec 16, 2007

Has received 7 of 9 achievements.
    1. Mar 31, 2011 9:35 PM (in response to Maryanne)
    Re: Autoclosure not working on surveyed incidents

If you are using the autoclose service, then I don't think you are going to be able to get round this, without change the SLAs in some way.  The better way if you are on 7.3.x is to use a calculation and scheduled job to autoclose as it has a more flexible way of calculating if something should be clsoed or auto resolved or ...

• ozwalkerz Apprentice 57 posts since
    Oct 23, 2008

Has received 3 of 9 achievements.
    2. Mar 31, 2011 9:58 PM (in response to Maryanne)

Are your SLA's set to  have an Escalation Completion on a Status (eg Resolved) or a Status Type?  If they're set to complete on the Resolved status, the survey ones may breach before they come out of the survey loop back to Resolved.

(I'm looking at it from a 7.2.5 point of view, so later versions may be different)

Cheers,

Stu

• aparker Employee 593 posts since
    Feb 18, 2009

Has received 6 of 9 achievements.
    5. Apr 1, 2011 2:48 AM (in response to Maryanne)

Can I just adde that if you're on 7.3.x versions, you should look to moving to the scheduled bulk action approach to doing this. Because it uses queries you can be far more flexible with how you select the proceses to be closed.  Andy

• aparker Employee 593 posts since
    Feb 18, 2009

Has received 6 of 9 achievements.
    7. Apr 1, 2011 3:32 AM (in response to Maryanne)

If thats the case, maybe I'm being too simplistic, but you need to look at the query that selects the incidents to close and how that relates to the process. You may need to modify. The process to have the action, or even create a second scheduled bulk action that handles those ones.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 20 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
LANDESK Community powered by Jive SBS® 4.5.7.1  |  Legal Notices  |  Privacy Policy  |  Icon 

TweeterOn Twitter  |  Icon FacebookOn Facebook © 2007 LANDESK Software